I’m a recent graduate with a BSc in Computational Thinking (Mathematics, Computer Science and
Philosophy) from Maynooth University currently working in Google Dublin as a Software Engineer in
Site Reliability Engineering. My strengths lie mainly in software development, applied problem
solving and mathematics. I’m the former president of MU Computer Science
Society and once an avid competitive programmer. I’m the
developer and maintainer of the Setanta programming language and the
tsPEG parser generator.
Awards and Achievements
2020 (4th year university)
- Chomsky prize for best results in final year Computational Thinking.
- Microsoft prize for best final year project in Computer Science.
- De Brún prize for outstanding performance in final year Pure Mathematics.
- McMahon Prize for outstanding penultimate year maths results.
- Highest final year project grade ever awarded by Maynooth CS Department.
- Graduated with a 1st class honours BSc in Computational Thinking. (92.3% overall)
2019 (3rd/4th year university)
- 3rd in Europe and 53rd worldwide in the IEEEXtreme Programming
- Top 50 in the world in HackMIT 2019 entry challenge.
- 2nd Place Ireland, 1st Place NUIM at All Ireland Collegiate Programming Competition.
- Cook Award winner for top results in 2nd year of Computational Thinking.
- McMahon Prize for Penultimate Year Mathematics.
2018 (2nd/3rd year university)
- 3rd place in the world in HackMIT 2018 entry challenge.
- Turing Award winner for top results in 1st year of Computational Thinking.
- 2nd Place at University of Toronto UTSCode.
- 3rd Place Ireland, 1st Place NUIM at All Ireland Collegiate Programming Competition.
- 1st Place Ireland, Google Hash Code extended round.
2017 (1st/2nd year university)
- 1st in Ireland on Kattis.
- Highest points entrant to NUIM.
- One of Silicon Republic’s top 25 young
- Top 100 in the world in HackMIT 2017 entry challenge (65th).
- 2nd place AIB Datahack, AIB’s annual national data science competition.
- 3rd Place Ireland, 1st place NUIM in Google Hash Code 2017.
- 4th place Ireland, 1st place NUIM in National Maths Intevarsity 2017.
- Elected president of SocIT.
2016 (6th year secondary)
- Competitor with Team Ireland in the International Olympiad in
Informatics in Kazan.
- Competed for Ireland in the CIIC.
- Placed 1st in the All Ireland Collegiate Programming Competition and the All Ireland Programming
- Spearheaded the team that placed 2nd in the UK & Ireland Programming Competition out of all
Irish teams and 26th internationally.
- Won the ESA’s #SpaceRocks
- Achieved 615 points in my Leaving Cert.
- 5th place in the AIB Datahack.
- John Curley Award for Science.
2015 (5th year secondary)
- Came 2nd in the All Ireland Senior Science quiz.
- Student of the year in Maths, Applied Maths, and Physics.
2014 (Transition Year secondary)
- Won the Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship’s National Innovation and the Sligo Enterprise
Board Innovation Award for an App development company.
- Achieved 3rd place in the senior division of Google’s All Ireland programming competition Call
- Reached the finals of the Junior Science Olympiad.